League of Legends patch 9.16 is already live on the PBE, giving us our closest look yet at the upcoming Pantheon rework. Riot lifted the lid on the Unbreakable Spear earlier this week, showing off his flashy new skins and spells, including his cosmic new ultimate, Grand Starfall.
While Pantheon dominates proceedings in this weeks’ patch, that’s not all that’s on offer. Balance changes are likely to be pretty minimal, but some early changes to Kayle and Aurelion Sol have shown up. These are pretty experimental at this point, but promise to give them champion a little help. Kayle will have a slightly easier early game, while Aurelion Sol’s W should be a bit more reliable.
Elsewhere, there are some fancy new cosmetics to feast your eyes on. As mentioned above, Pantheon’s rework means that a bunch of his skins are getting a new look – we’ve included his altered splash arts further down this article. Beyond that, Udyr’s getting draconic with his new Dragon Oracle skin, and Rammus is the latest new addition to the growing line of Hextech skins
LEAGUE OF LEGENDS PATCH 9.16 RELEASE DATE AND DOWNTIME
We don’t have an exact release date for League of Legends patch 9.16, but updates tend to release every two weeks. With that in mind, expect the new patch to arrive on Wednesday, August 14.
LEAGUE OF LEGENDS PATCH 9.16 BALANCE CHANGES
- Base HP: 580
- HP5: 10
- AD per level: 3.3
- Base armor: 40
- Armor per level: 3.75
- Attack range: 175
- Attack speed: 0.644.
- Mortal Will (Passive):
- After 5 spells or attacks, Pantheon’s next basic spell is empowered.
- Comet Spear (Q):
- 40 Mana
- 10/9.5/9/8.5/8 second cooldown
- Tap: Pantheon thrusts his spear, dealing 75/115/155/195/235 + 100% bonus AD physical damage to enemies hit. Refunds a percentage of Comet Spear’s cooldown.
- Hold: Pantheon hurls his spear, dealing 75/115/155/195/235 +100% bonus AD to the first enemy hit and 50% less to further targets. Deals 155/240/325/410/495 +200% bonus AD to targets below 25% health.
- Mortal Will bonus: Deals an additional 20 + 13 per level (100% bonus AD) physical damage and slow the target by 2.5% for 2.5 seconds.
- Shield Vault (W):
- 55 mana
- 13/12/11/10/9 seconds cooldown
- Pantheon dashes to an enemy, dealing 60/80/100/120/140 +100% AP physical damage and stunning them for 1 second.
- Mortal Will bonus: Pantheon’s next attack strikes 3 times, dealing a total of 135% physical damage.
- Aegis Assault (E):
- 80 mana
- 22/20.5/19/17.5/16 second cooldown.
- Pantheon braces his shield and engages enemies in a chosen direction for 1.5 seconds, becoming immune to damage from that direction and dealing 100% AD physical damage over the duration. The last hit slams with Pantheon’s shield, dealing 55/105/155/205/255 +150% bonus AD physcial damage. Pantheon can recast to end early, and is slowed by up to 55% while moving backwards or sideways. Damage to minions is reduced by 50%, and damage to non-Epic monsters is reduced by 33%.
- Mortal Will bonus: Duration is increased to 2.5 seconds (dealing 167% AD physical damage over the duration).
- Grand Starfall (R):
- 100 mana
- 180/165/150 second cooldown.
- Pantheon gathers his strength to leap high into the air, then crashes down as a meteor at the target area a few second later. Deals up to 300/500/700 + 50% AP magic damage to enemies in a line (decreased by up to 50% at the edges of the area).
- Grand Starfall instantly readies Mortal Will.
Here’s what all that looks like:
Here’s a look at Pantheon’s special interactions:
Finally, several of Pantheon’s skins have changed with his rework, so here’s a look at his new splashes:
League of legends patch 9.16 balance changes
Aurelion Sol – changed
- Center of the Universe (P):
- Damage changed to 16-120 from 20-130.
- AP ratio changed to 25% from 18-35%.
- Starsurge (Q):
- Cooldown changed to 11/10/9/8/7 seconds from 10 seconds at all ranks.
- Movement speed increased to 20% from 10%.
- If Aurelion Sol is faster than his Q, the missile will speed up to keep up.
- Celestial Expansion (W):
- Now causes Aurelion Sol’s stars to expand, gaining increased damage and rotating at high, but decaying. Upon reactivating or after 3 seconds, the stars retract, granting 40% movement speed, but decaying over 1.5 seconds.
- 8/6.5/5/3.5/2 seconds cooldown.
- Mana cost changed to 70/80/90/100/110 from 40 + 22/24/26/28/30 per second.
- Comet of Legend (E):
- No longer grants passive movement speed.
- Range increased to 5500/6000/6500/7000/7500 from 3000/4000/5000/6000/7000.
- Cooldown changed to 80/70/60/50/40 from 60/55/50/45/40 seconds.
- Speed increased to 600/650/700/750/800 from 600 at all ranks.
Kayle – changed
- Armor increased to 29 from 26.
- Attack speed changed to 0.667 + 2% per level from 0.625 + 1.5% per level.
- Divine Ascent (P):
- Level for evolve change to 7/11/15 from 6/11/16.
- Moved ranged form attack to rank one evolve.
- Moved AoE attacks to rank 2 evolve.
- Innate (level 1): Movement speed changed to 10% in all directions from 15% towards champions, and can now stack vs towers.
- Ranged (level 7): Range decreased to 525 from 550, and attack speed per stack while range decreased to 6% from 10%.
- Transcended (level 15): No longer deals true damage, but now adds 50 range.
- Radiant Blast (Q):
- Now refunds 50% mana cost if it hits a champion.
- Cast delay decreased to 0.25 from 0.5.
- Cast time changed to 0.25 from auto-attack timer.
- Missile speed decreased to 1600 from 2000.
- Range decreased to 900 units from 950 units.
- AP ratio increased to 60% from 50%.
- Bonus AD ratio increased to 80% from 60%.
- Shred decreased to 15% from 20%.
- Shred duration increased to 4 seconds from 3 seconds.
- Celestial Blessing (W):
- Heal AP ratio increased to 35% from 30%.
- Starfire Spellblade (E):
- Execute damage changed to 8-14 +1% per 80 AP from 8-16 + 1% per 100 AP.
- Divine Judgement (R):
- Cooldown decreased to 120/100/80 from 160/120/80.
- Mana cost decreased to 100/50/0 from 100 at all ranks.
- AP ratio increased to 90% from 80%.
- AoE radius increased to 500 from 475.
At the moment, there are no balance changes for items or runes, but be sure to check back over the upcoming patch cycle.
Dragon Oracle Udyr – 1350 RP
Here’s his splash:
Hextech Rammus – Gemstone crafting exclusive
Here’s his splash:
League of legends patch 9.16 login screen
Every League of Legends patch has its own login screen. They’re usually fairly excellent, and patch 9.16’s is sure to be no exception. It’ll likely be based on the new Arcade skins.
That’s all we’ve got for League of Legends patch 9.16. You can stay up to date with the current version of the game via the League of Legends patch 9.15 notes, and make sure to check back for the League of Legends patch 9.17 notes in the very near future.
Credit: Source link